Revolution x Tammi Tropical Carnival Palette - Full Review and Swatches


Tammi Clarke has joined forces with Revolution Beauty once again to create the Tropical Carnival shadow palette, her second collaboration with the brand.

I'll be honest with you, I can't remember the last time I was this excited over a palette launch! I think since many brands are now feeling the pressure to constantly come out with new products, I'm finding it very difficult to get genuinely excited about every single launch.

The reason why this case is so different is because this is a black, British woman who I have seen rise right from the very beginning to where she is now and that journey in itself commands tremendous respect.

I remember watching a YouTube video from MyMakeUpDiary, where she reviewed the first Tropical Paradise palette and she said something that I wholeheartedly agree with. (Paraphrased) Much of what I look for in makeup, is what Tammi talks about in her reviews so she's one of the few influencers that you can genuinely trust what she recommends.

Makeup obsessed (in the best way), I knew Tammi would do this second collab justice and she did not disappoint!

If you haven't already watched my first impressions video, check it out below. Warning for headphone users - I squeal and scream a lot so you might wanna turn the volume down ...

As you can see, I had my pros and cons in the video; but it's been about two weeks since I filmed this and my opinion has shifted slightly as I've played more with the palette.

Obviously, the shimmer shades were always doing bits so no change in my thoughts there; but with the matte shades (which are stunning) you need to be watchful of the way you apply them.

If you're a makeup beginner, Tammi has a fantastic video breaking down how to blend bright eyeshadow colours together using this palette.

I'd add that if you're used to really blown out smoky eyes, you might want to rethink your application with this one. As Tammi suggests, I agree with starting off with the darkest shade first, especially if you you do your makeup P.Louise style and use a wet eyeshadow base/ concealer.

Alternatively, I find it easier to use a coloured base that matches (or is similar to) the colour you want to blend into your crease. It's no secret that I love using the NYX Professional Makeup Liquid Suedes lipsticks as eyeshadow bases, and these work beautifully to create a really blown out blend like what you see here.
Using NYX Professional Makeup Liquid Suede in "Kitten Heels"

I've also really been enjoying the Revolution Pro Pigment Pomades as bases. For the look below I used the pomade in "Hot Pink".
Using Revolution Pro Pigment Pomade in "Hot Pink"

As I said in my video, with more affordable palettes or with pressed pigments, fallout is to be expected but if you're doing your eye makeup first, it's not an issue.

Clearly I'm a little biased, but I truly think this palette is incredible; I really can't fault it.
For £10 as well, that certainly makes it one of the best value brights palettes on the drugstore makeup market right now. 

You can find the palette on Revolution's website, online or in store at Superdrug. It's not on BeautyBay or ASOS yet. I 100% recommend for you to try this out! Let me know if you do!

Take Care and God Bless,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment