C.A.K.E Cosmetics Liquid Foundation Review


Earlier last year, C.A.K.E Cosmetics dropped their very first liquid foundation. If you've followed me for a minute, you might've seen that I'm a huge C.A.K.E fan so obviously I had to try it out! I already love their cream to powder foundations (N15 is my favourite contour and N95 my favourite highlight for deep- dark skin) so I'm glad they kept the shade numbers the same across both ranges, it definitely makes life easier.

I bought shade N11 since that's my match in the cream foundation.

'Daily Wear by C.A.K.E is a coconut oil based foundation that diffuses the line of makeup and skin. The full coverage but lightweight formula leaves the complexion looking natural and radiant.'

My Thoughts

The word 'smooth' is overused but I can't think of how else to describe the application. It's got a luxuriously creamy texture that blends extremely well. I used about 2 and a half pumps for my whole face to achieve medium, even coverage and was left with a somewhat satin finish. I might be overthinking it because C.A.K.E mentioned the coconut oil base in the description, but it almost feels like a treatment for the skin; moisturising in a good way.

Although you can build up the layers to get more coverage, I don't think it looks as beautiful built up as it does with just the one. I would suggest, if high coverage is really important to you, to try out the cream foundation instead.

The weather is slowly becoming warmer, and my skin oilier so I have to ensure the products I use alongside this foundation are very matte, especially the setting powder. I've found if I don't set the foundation thoroughly it has the tendency to transfer. I prefer to use this foundation on my 'no makeup' makeup days so I can keep other products used to a minimum.

Overall, I think this would probably be the dream foundation for someone with Normal/Dry skin. If your skin leans towards the oily side like mine, just be mindful and use mattifying products (setting powder, setting spray etc.) along with it to get the best results.


Where to buy

Apart from the brand's website cakecosmetics.co.uk, you can also find Daily Wear foundation online at Superdrug, Flawless Shades and Fragrance Direct ranging from £10.50 - £13.00.


Take Care & God Bless,


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment