Makeup Application on a Lighter Skin Tone - First Attempt!

For Christmas, I went to Aberdeen to spend it with my family and it was so great to catch up with one another. If I was one to make resolutions, it would be to travel to see them more! 

I brought my makeup kit along with me just in case I could practise on anyone and my sister-in-law, Jenny, was kind enough to let me use her face. She has, as you will see, a totally different complexion to mine, so it was an awesome experience trying to find a colour scheme within my kit to suit her. 

We settled on two main eyeshadow palettes, both from Makeup Revolution.
The Iconic 3 which is the Naked 3 Palette dupe and also the I  Chocolate palette which is the dupe to the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. 




Opting for a natural bridal look, I tried two looks on each eye to see which one would photograph the best. As you can see, her left eye is a lot smokier and the highlight more prominent thanks to the Chocolate palette's  highlighters and matte brown shades.

Although I had some trouble with the eyeliner, I think I prefer this one.



The Iconic 3 was mainly used for her right eye, photographed above. 
Although the colours looked sublime in person, they did not photograph as well as I would've liked.

Which eye look do you prefer?

We also did some light contouring with the Sleek Contour Kit in 'Light' and used a mixture of the highlighter from that kit and 'Peach Lights' from Makeup Revolution to highlight her cheekbones and nose.

Her blush is from the New Eve Cosmetics 'Matte' palette. It's a beautiful true rose colour that suited her perfectly.



On her lips we went for a combination of a lip pencil and gloss.
First I applied Essence lip liner in 'Wish Me A Rose' and then we topped it off with a mixture of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses in 'Coral Reef' and 'Peach Petal'.


In retrospect, I wish we had lined her lips with a fleshtone lip liner first but there's always next time!
They say practice makes perfect!

Take Care and God Bless,

Fofo x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment