Simple 'n' Sultry Tutorial and Revolution Review



Don't ask me how, but I managed to corrupt the audio for this video, so it's another silent tutorial with some background music I'm afraid. Very soon, I'll get the hang of all this editing stuff all over again. I forgot how challenging it can be to create videos!


A full product list is in the YouTube description box.


This simple half cut crease look was created using the Makeup Revolution  Reloaded Newtrals 3 palette (£4). I have been absolutely LOVING the Reloaded eyeshadow range, Revolution continue to amaze me with how much their quality has improved. If you're an OG, you might know that I've written posts and made videos about Revolution products since 2014, and it's incredible to see how far they've come!

The Newtrals 3 is one of my personal favourite everyday palettes; the warm brown and burgundy tones make it perfect for deeper skin tones. The colours are all intense and show up really well. 


The palette is near flawless with the exception of the black shade.
I use this shade more as a brow powder nowadays because it just doesn't seem to layer well on top of other shadows. If you watch the video, you'll see what I mean. For some reason, matte black shadows from Revolution always go patchy on me. I had to use some of my Makeup Geek black shadow in 'Corrupt' to save the look in the end.


Besides that, the palette is very multi purpose and if you have dark skin, you've got colours in there that you can use as blush and highlight too. Not bad for £4 if you ask me!

I also used the Revolution Cut Crease Canvas in 'Illustrate' (£6) for the third time or so in this video, and I'm liking it quite a lot so far. The base is a very smooth and pigmented fair colour making the shadows pop and stay put. I'm not a fan of the applicator that this comes with, but I love how it applies with my own brushes.


In comparison to the legendary P.Louise base, I wouldn't say CCC is an exact dupe. 
It dries a bit faster so it doesn't give you as much time to work with it; and the colour pay off, though impressive, is still not as strong as the P.Louise one. All that being said, CCC is one of the best, more affordable alternatives I've come across and worth checking out if you don't fancy spending more for the P.Louise base.


Let me know if there are any products you'd like me to review on here or on my YouTube channel!

Take Care and God Bless,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment