C.A.K.E. Cosmetics First Impressions

C.A.K.E. (Cosmetic Artistry Keeping Effective) is an affordable UK based makeup brand that aim their products towards Indian, Caribbean and African skin tones.
They're focus and passion to create products that can be used effectively by women of colour across the spectrum sets them apart from every other affordable beauty brand.
As well as staying trendy, C.A.K.E. have a strong selection of unique products which they continue to grow so they'll surely have something new for you to try!


Check out the video below to see how I got on trying C.A.K.E.'s products for the first time!

 Cream Foundation - N15 Cool Neutral

I still can't get over that this was too dark for me! That never happens!
Since filming the video, I've been using it to contour and I am seriously in love. I've also since bought my correct shade (N11) and I would say it's medium coverage but buildable. At the fantastic price of £13 you can't go wrong!

Concealer Pot - N10 Cool Neutral

As you saw in the video, this one was a surprise. The coverage was fabulous with very little product and it gave me a very subtle, natural highlight. Both this and the cream foundation blend like an absolute dream
Don't forget to use a good setting powder to make it last all day!

 Lipstick - Black Honey

There are blog posts and videos left, right and centre about the perfect nude lipsticks for darker skin but, C.A.K.E. have you covered. This lustrous lipstick is a universal nude for all women of colour. The sheer brown-tone gives the perfect balance of colour and sheen to leave your lips looking moisturised, full and healthy.

 Blushes - Lucky and Tropicana

Lucky (Left) and Tropicana (Right)

You'll never be short of pigment when it comes to C.A.K.E. blushes. As dark as I am, I had to be extra light handed when applying these bad boys so they're going to last for ages! Lucky especially goes on much stronger than it appears in the packaging, I mean, I was getting MAC Fever vibes. Tropicana is best described in the words of Patent Purple Life, "...the perfect balance between orange and red, pigmented with a satin finish."
...♥...
I would love to see some highlighters sometime down the line because I think C.A.K.E. could do a really great job!

Eyeshadow - Distinct

Finally, this eyeshadow takes the cake...sorry, I couldn't resist!
It's not fair to say it's just a purple because it's got so much more going on and I just can't put it into words. All I can say is I already own a lot of eyeshadows and not a single one comes close to Distinct.
If you are a fan of MAC Blue Brown pigment, you are going to adore this.

So, if you want to get your hands on some C.A.K.E., click here to visit their website.
They hold lots of awesome sales so sign up to their mailing list to get the updates!

Fabulous brand!
I can't wait to see what they do next!

Take Care and God Bless,
Fofo x


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment