Sleek Blush by 3 Palette in 'Lace' Review

Disclaimer: These photos were taken in natural light.



I really didn’t expect these ‘Blush by 3’ palettes from Sleek to have blown me away as much as they did.


The palette I have is in ‘Lace’ and it comes with three shades (From right to left); Crochet, Guipre and Chantilly.
I realise that I’m a bit slow to jump on the ‘Blush by 3’ bandwagon, but to be honest, I just really didn’t understand the hype...

...But when the opportunity came up to get one for myself at a bargain on eBay, I though it couldn't hurt to try it out.




(Shades from Right to Left)

Crochet:
This is a bright coral shade and would be lovely paired with any coral/orange toned lip colour. I found that, for me, this blush looked best with Sleek True Colour Lipstick in ‘Coral Reef’, MUA lipstick in ‘Nectar’ or Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipgloss also in ‘Coral Reef’.
In comparison to the La Femme blush of the same name, I’d say this blush is a little more lightweight on the skin and it blends a little easier. It also isn't as 'powdery' as the La Femme blushes so it isn't as messy.


Guipre:
This shade is an obvious dupe for the Sleek blush in ‘Rose Gold’. In the pan it looks like a shimmery pink but it swatches as a true rose gold.

With a skin tone as deep as mine, normally I can afford to be a little heavy-handed with blush, but ‘Guipre’ calls for a little more care and to be used sparingly. I wouldn’t wear this every day, but it would make a gorgeous highlight colour for going out or for taking photos.


Chantilly:
This surprised me as being my favourite of the bunch. To all my chocolate sisters, this peach coloured miracle will make your skin look delicious.

It blends so well and gives the skin a natural glow without the shimmers that are in most bronzers and highlighters. Just by looking at it, I thought it was going to look chalky but the application and finish was smooth and all too natural. I love it!

Swatches on my forearm (Sorry the colours are washed out, these are much brighter in person):



Swatches on the back of my hand:


Packaging: 
Standard Sleek black casing.The packaging is a very sturdy which is good for me since I drop my makeup all the time. Comes with a compact mirror inside.
All in all, I give this palette 5/5! Beauts!

If you don’t know, now you know. Get on these blushes!

Stay blessed,

Fofo x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment